What is FileStar (STAR)
The main advantages of FileStar are:
- Lower mining requirement: no Pledge Collateral in the early stage of the network; no SHA256 algorithm and therefore no longer dependent on AMD processor exclusively, hence more miners can join the network;
- Higher scalability: FileStar modifies the WindowPoST’s spot check logic and introduces recursive storage proof to improve the on-chain processing capability and TPS;
- High-efficiency mining software: FileStar improves the performance of existing Filecoin mining software and improves the overall sealing efficiency of the network;
- High data availability: FileStar can store “hot data” and “warm data,” and users can quickly access the stored data.
- Decentralized governance: FileStar adopts community governance. Developers, miners, and other participants in the community will jointly determine the direction of the network;
- Reasonable token distribution: FileStar will do a fair launch, with no pre-mining, no fundraising. Most of the tokens will be distributed through mining and as long-term incentives to all participants;
- FileStar will map rewards for the valid storage on Filecoin. FileStar will incentivize Filecoin miners to maintain the FileStar Network jointly.
Based on Filecoin, FileStar implements a better incentive layer for distributed storage network, with improvements such as the removal of Initial Pledge Collateral and the use of new hash functions, which have collectively lowered the threshold for mining. FileStar also adds Recursive ZK-SNARK, PoST+VRF, and other technological innovations to solve the TPS and on-chain message congestion, with much-improved scalability and mining efficiency.
FileStar will have a fair token launch and adopt community governance. It will be equal and long-termly sustainable.
FileStar aspires to build a network of distributed storage, computing, and bandwidth based on the IPFS protocol, becoming a significant cornerstone of the Web3.0 infrastructure. Unlike storagecentric Filecoin, FileStar will incentivize participants to provide verifiable computation and measurable bandwidth resources in addition to distributed storage. With the blockchain industry’s collective endeavor and the dedication of the FileStar team, we will soon see the distributed Internet unfold.
IEO (Gate Launchpad): Apr 01, 2021 – Apr 02, 2021
Token supply: 2,000,000,000 STAR
Hard cap: 2,000,000 USD
70% to FileStar miners
30% to long-term community participants