What is Files.fm Library (FFM)
In the currently existing online file sharing service field we see three main problems: noncompetitive legal alternatives for illegal file sharing, insufficient data preservation for future generations and limited free to use file sharing. As a solution to these problems we want to create Files.fm Library (FFL) – legal and free to use digital file library that provides the service for society where people can conveniently search, access and share useful content online with copyrights done right.
By creating FFL we want to enable the magnificent usefulness of community supported P2P networks and eliminate their shortcomings:
- Enable Internet users to access useful free and paid content in an easy and legal way
- Reward authors for their work
- Enable community members to receive remuneration for doing useful work to store digital heritage for the sake of current and future Internet users
We will do that by implementing:
- Scalable hybrid-decentralized community supported storage platform
- Correct and viable business model
- Blockchain as a distributed, transparent read-only database to enable fast and micro payments, store copyrights, useful work done and reward distribution
For FFL development we are going to use the technical base of our existing system Files.fm cloud storage platform that we created in 2008 and have been continuously improving until nowadays. In the existing system we have already implemented centralized file storing, sharing, selling, publishing and distribution. In addition to that we already have a working beta version of P2P file sharing and video streaming. We will expand the existing Files.fm system to create FFL by improving the P2P sharing, adding advanced content analysis, search and blockchain.
Files.fm Library will be created by joining the best technologies and practices from both centralized and decentralized worlds.
FFL will use freemium business model: the base of the service will be available free of charge, while special premium features and services will be available for a fee. Our business model relies on advertisement revenue, as well as users monetizing their copyrighted files. Users will use FFL’s native cryptocurrency – FFM tokens – for value exchange in the FFL system.
FFL will also use tokens for initial crowdsale and fund raising (ICO), giving instant token utility – 1TB of permanent private Files.fm storage for each 10000 tokens.
When the library platform is developed and published, tokens can be used to get disk space, purchase files, subscription content or PRO functionality, and traded on exchanges.
First, we will publish closed beta version of the Library, and only community token owners will have the access to it.
The total supply of native FFM tokens will equal 10 billion, we will release tokens along the way as the platform, content and community grows.
We are confident that we will succeed in creating Files.fm Library because:
- We have more than 10 years of extensive experience of developing and supporting large scale storage systems. For some of the core development team members – ever since BBS and the nineties
- We have a working https://files.fm cloud file storage platform to build on
- We have desktop and mobile apps that can be expanded to the P2P network
- We have a monthly web userbase of about 1,7M users
- We want this to happen and already have some P2P components working
Public sales: Mar 01, 2019 – Jun 01, 2019
Total tokens for sale: 1,200,000,000 FFM
Soft cap: 1,000,000 USD
Hard cap: 10,000,000 USD
Blockchain Platform: Ethereum
Registration country: United Kingdom
New Horizon Building 3 1/2 Miles Philip S. W. Goldson Highway Belize City, Belize
Company Number: 172788Files.fm Ltd
The Innovation Centre Sci-Tech Daresbury Keckwick Lane Daresbury WA4 4FS, UK
Company Number: 11369548
Stabu 119, Riga, Latvia, LV-1009 EU VAT: LV40003962231
Reg. No: 40003962231
Token standard: ERC777/ERC20
Token price in USD: 1 FFM = 0.01 USD
Accepted currencies: ETH, BTC, Fiat